Tuesday, October 13, 2009

French Heirloom Style Pillow

I made this darling pillow using the french heirloom sewing technique. It is a very intense style of sewing using many steps, the results are beautiful.It is used in clothing and home decorating, I used it on the night gown in the other post.The pillow is made from 100 % cotton. I did the embroidery, pink daises and green leaves on the front, and a feather stitch for detail on the back.
A better view of the hand embroidery. Notice the ruching going down the center, it is one of my favorite details. The lace in the side panels is entre-deux, it is the cause of the intensity of the sewing style. The entre-deux is from my vintage lace collection. I also trimmed the edge of the ruffle with lace from my collection.



Here you can see the back detail the pink feather stitch is such a good finishing touch, as are the vintage green buttons, also from my collection of vintage sewing items.
The pillow measures 11" by 9" with a 2 1/4" ruffle.
$21.95 for the pillow
$5.75 shipping
I know that seems like a lot for shipping, I just sent one and the shipping was $8.79.
I am will to make up the difference.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! gorgeous pillow Wanda. I could never sew like that.I bet that was hard to do.Lovely ,just lovely.
    Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love the art of French Hand Sewing that uses entredeux. I have yards and yards of entredeux in my lace box, lol. We used to teach it where I worked in 1984, lol. I also have yards and yards of Battenburg tape for Battenburg lace. So many supplies, so little time. Your pillow is lovely! I can't wait to go see your etsy shop.
    Blessings, Theresa @ Cottage Violets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wanda,
    I just saw your comment, and wanted you to know I never taught French Handsewing. We hired an experienced teacher. I am sorry if I made it sound that way. I know quite a bit about the materials and their application, but am just a novice, lol. Loved your etsy shop and told a friend about your lampshade.
    Have a beautiful blessed day,
    Theresa @ Cottage Violets

    ReplyDelete